Thursday 20 November 2014

Willie Amachree on PEOPLE


Willie Amachree is from Rivers State, Nigeria. He is a medically inclined yet drawn to any good piece of art. We had a conversation for PEOPLE.

·        Bura-Bari Nwilo: How do you view success?

Willie Amachree: I'm honoured to be chosen for this interview. You’re the second person after my dad to make me know how much interesting anything can sound if written by a talented writer. Your FB posts ‘re one of the few I love reading on my timeline, so please don't stop. Coming back to your question, I view success as being happy in one's chosen career, excelling in it and making loads of money of course.

Bura-Bari Nwilo: Have you ever dealt with failure?

Willie Amachree: Oh, yes I have. I believe everyone have dealt with one in their own little ways. That's how we learn and mature in life. Few months back I went for an interview and performed below my standards. And believe me it doesn't feel good even though I've learnt from that experience. It still pricks me till now.

Bura-Bari Nwilo: What makes you super happy?

Willie Amachree: Everyone has what makes them happy. Strangely, for me happiness makes me happy. Seeing people I love and care about being happy, just takes me to a different level of happiness. I'm a people pleaser and that's where I get my ‘high’ from..lol but of course I'll have to be okay with myself first.

Bura-Bari Nwilo: How do you define beauty?

Willie Amachree: Good question. Mmm how do I define beauty? I'll say beauty is what you see in a person or in anything, that makes you appreciate whoever created them. I believe that's why people appreciate things differently. Not seeing the beauty in something is all due to your perspective and not the object itself. There is beauty in everything, you just need to have the eye to find it

Bura-Bari Nwilo: Tool with which to fix the world?

Willie Amachree: The tool I'll need most is money, money and more money. Like I said earlier, I like to see people happy and my number one goal in life is to stop poverty or at least reduce it in my environment. And to do that I need loads of money...people will always say do the little you can with what you have but that's not enough for me. I need to stop the little orphans, the family of 10 living in one tiny room with leaky roof, the poor widow left with 5 kids to cater for, with no hope in sight, from going through their ordeal alone. I just need to touch as much people as I can positively. And that tool alone can let me do that. Seeing hardship and hopelessness in peoples' eyes makes me cry.


No comments:

Post a Comment